Penticton MHA has passed a new policy that is mandatory for all players have one parent/guardian take the Respect In Sport (Parent version) online clinic prior to participation. Once the course is completed it will appear on the players Hockey Canada Registry profile. Until the Parent RIS online clinic is completed, players will not be able to participate. The clinic currently does not have an expiry date.
NOTE: When beginning the course it is important to open "Child Management" and enter all the children you have registered in minor hockey. All children must be listed here in order to associate your certification with your child's Hockey Canada profile To aide with connecting your certification to your child's record, children's names should be entered using the same spelling as when they were registered with Hockey Canada.
You need to know:
1. The course is online only.
2. The $12 fee will not be reimbursed.
3. The course is one hour long and may be done in stages.
4. Only one parent/guardian is required to take the clinic. It is recommended for all parents/guardians.
5. If you have taken the clinic required to be a team official, you MUST take the Parent RIS Clinic.
PMHA is to provide an environment in which all members will learn skill, character, leadership, respect, sportsmanship, discipline and teamwork in a fun, safe, positive atmosphere, for the enjoyment of the game of hockey.